butterfly frame | prima marketing DT

by - 8:32 AM

Hi there, 
Today I’m sharing a pretty butterfly frame for prima for Finnabair week 
It was a really fun project to make as soon as I started with the frame I knew I wanted to use lots fun sparkly paint ..


I started with a old frame that I got for a dollar at the secondhand store 
I used the heavy white gesso as I wanted the frame to be a shabby chic frame and covered it with 3 coats and using the IOD Mould and Prima paper clay I done 4 of the lovely corners and adhered them down while they were still damp and give it another coat of heavy white gesso then I aloud it to dry 



Once dry I then used the rose gold on the frame and the vintage rose on the IOD clay mouldings 
After the paint was dry I cut patterned paper to fit in the frame from the heaven sent 2 Collection 
Using my cameo I cut out a butterfly and painted it with some white impasto paint and then I used some of the vintage rose paint and lightly brushed it on the wings then backed it with vellum adding that soft colour 
Then I popped it up off the frame with some cardboard giving it a bit of dimension 
Next I fussy cut some flowers out and die cut crochet doily 


I added the big beautiful flower in the center with the gold sprigs and using some glue a line of glitter around the edges of the butterfly and then I added a rhinestone in each corner then I added little flowers at the top and bottom of the butterfly...




 Heaven Sent 2 - 12X12 Paper from heaven 848118
 Art Alchemy: Acrylic Paint-Opal Magic Rose Gold 963620
 Paper Clay 814991
Iod Vintage Art Décor Mould - Baroque 3  814793 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today 
Xx

You May Also Like

0 comment

Thanks for poping over to my blog i love all your Awesome comments Hugz Anita..xx